This is now the third area in which Romney has refused to share specifics on the explicit grounds that so doing would be bad politically for him. Romney has repeatedly said he won’t release his tax returns because Democrats will find things in them to attack. And he has vowed to eliminate whole government agencies, but has confirmed that he won’t specify which ones precisely because his failed Senate bid taught him that getting too specific puts him at risk of losing. As Jonathan Chait has written, this is akin to saying: “One of the things I have found in previous elections is that announcing my plans makes people want to vote against me.”
Do your job, media.
Do your job, reporters.
Do your job, cable news.
Do your job, newspapers.
Inform voters clearly and without the “both sides do it” false equivalency, that the Romney campaign is deliberately hiding what a Romney presidency would mean for the country, because the campaign knows that they will lose if voters find out their actual policy plans.
It is absolutely staggering to me that it is possible in this country for a person seeking to be the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES can completely hide everything that person would do if elected and expect voters to be totally fine with that.
The cable news and national network news programs have a responsibility to clearly explain this to voters: Mitt Romney won’t tell you what he plans to do if you elect him, because he believes that if you knew, you wouldn’t vote for him.
That’s just astonishing to me.
I don’t know how to explain it in words that aren’t so over-used that the point will fly right over people’s heads. One candidate for office won’t tell you what he’ll do in office, because he thinks you won’t vote for him. And no one on a national level has called him on it. Does this seem like a good way to do things to anyone?
- knitling reblogged this from lesserjoke
- annanobody reblogged this from jazz-mushroom
- thecolonizemarseffort likes this
- sparkling-gray reblogged this from ev-dreamindarkness
- chekhovandowl likes this
- jazz-mushroom reblogged this from ev-dreamindarkness
- ev-dreamindarkness reblogged this from amaranthine-ephemerality
- kitchy-con-stanti-nople reblogged this from lesserjoke
- amaranthine-ephemerality reblogged this from lesserjoke
- thatluckylad likes this
- albatrossity likes this
- arabella-strange likes this
- lesserjoke reblogged this from better-humans
- benries reblogged this from theworldaccordingtoeg
- theworldaccordingtoeg reblogged this from better-humans
- kel-thulu reblogged this from simplydalektable
- simplydalektable reblogged this from better-humans
- better-humans reblogged this from wilwheaton
- blonde-cyborg reblogged this from better-humans
- torukun1 likes this
- unsuspectingfish reblogged this from untitledbychoice
- noambitionnodrive likes this
- ladynox reblogged this from beautifulcheat
- beautifulcheat reblogged this from untitledbychoice
- dreamingdragondesigns likes this
- haaaaaaaaave-you-met-ted reblogged this from untitledbychoice
- untitledbychoice reblogged this from perspi-looks
- winneganfake reblogged this from sinshine
- sinshine reblogged this from mslorelei
- adealinneon likes this
- adealinneon reblogged this from wilwheaton
- thekristen999 likes this
- perspi-looks reblogged this from wilwheaton
- lithiumrox likes this
- unsureprincess reblogged this from coffeethulhu
- captiinveritate reblogged this from kazuma-kuwahara
- icykitty likes this
- callidorablack reblogged this from wilwheaton
- sophie-le-veggie reblogged this from doctopus
- checkerdandy reblogged this from scoticus
- scoticus reblogged this from wilwheaton
- uninerdsquared reblogged this from wilwheaton
- nyappytotoro reblogged this from doctopus
- cousinnick reblogged this from doctopus
- complexityaddiction reblogged this from doctopus
- itsmegacrotch reblogged this from thelordsherlock
- thelordsherlock reblogged this from doctopus
- jerk-bender5ever likes this